I haven’t been making any photographs lately so to console my creative side with the horrid sub-human reality that they call television. Hi-Def, Lo-Def WTF give me some MOS DEF and turn that fucking thing off. Television is truly created to retard the greater race known as humanity.
Anyway, to some important things in life. Bicycling. A cool article from a mag that i’ve never heard of here shows some pretty cool commuter bikes. Some of the facts that surround bicycle vs car commuting are freaking outstanding: (taken from people smarter and more diligant than me)
- Bicycles increase mobility for those who don’t have access to motor transport.
- Bikes increase mobility for those who don’t qualify to drive a car.
- Bicycles increase mobility for those who can’t afford motor transport.
- Bikes increase mobility for those who don’t want to drive motor vehicles.
- Bicycling can be faster than walking, transit or motor vehicles.
- Bicycling is the most energy efficient form of transportation ever invented.
- You get exercise from bicycling.
- Save travel money by biking. If the switch is from a car this includes purchase price, gas, tires, fluids, insurance, maintenance, washing, parking, etc.
- Reduce stress by bicycling.
- Biking is therapeutic for the mind and spirit — is fun and can make you happy.
- Cycling is therapeutic for the cardio-vascular system, live healthier.
- Regular cycling provides better muscle tone, bone mass improvement, clearer skin
- Regular bicycling helps with personal weight management — new full-time bicycle commuters can expect to lose an average 13 pounds their first year of bicycle commuting if they maintain the same eating habits.
- Bicycling is a great initial activity for people who are obese and help them on their way to a healthier life.
- Regular cycling can lead to lower health care expenses — save money for a nicer vacation.
- Allows the rider to appreciate the more of the nuances of the natural and built environment around them.
- Your commute will be the best part of your day instead of the worst part of your day.
- The exercise increase your productivity at work
- Cycling improves your self-esteem.
- Save on the membership to a health club, get your exercise bicycling to work, school, shopping, etc.
- Bicycling is nearly a life-long activity
Read all of these and more at http://www.ibike.org/encouragement/benefits.htm and give them money!
Lesson for today: If you drive your car every day…. YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM!!! Get out and see what’s outside your car besides the fucking mall!
Instructional video of getting home from the bar: